martes, 4 de diciembre de 2012

Legendarty Debate: Sonic vs Mario


Well guys I promise and here is, this article you should always remember.

But first I would like to say something: Some Sonic Fans are Nintendo fans and that means Mario Fans, (I think both are great games I love both Sonic and Mario) but I has live at the first videogames world war (Genesis vs SNES) and I was the kind of kid who yelled “Sega does what Nintendon’t” So I said that because I don’t want to disturb Mario Fans.



Well to the point, the website GamesRadar make a debate with 2 of their writers, one is a sonic fan and the other is fan of Mario. They Discuss about the best and worst of both franchises.
I will put the most relevant of the Debate:

Topic 1: Innovation.

Henry (Mario Fan) say that sonic imitates the Mario games, Justin (Sonic Fan) respond that that was false, sonic give a FRESH CHANGE to Platoform games in 90’ even more is Mario who copy sonic, Mario Galaxy concepts were taken from the cancelled Sega Saturn game “Sonic Xtreme”.

My Opinion: Both franchises are innovating a lot.

Topic 2: Gameplay.

Justin say that Sonic gameplay is more entertaining than Mario, giving the player the sheer white-knuckle thrill of a rollercoaster. He runs up walls and across the ceiling, hurtling down grind rails, grabbing hold of rockets, using a metal door like a surfboard down San-Fran style streets and even holding on to a missile just to hitch a lift.

But Henry say something interesting, Sonic is designed to be played as fast as possible and sonic value is the replay.

My opinion: Are different gameplays, is just about what do you like.

Topic 3: 3D Games

Henry said that Mario invented the rules for 3d gameplay and Sonic have problems with 3D gameplay. But Justin remember him that Sonic Adventure has more gameplay variation than any Mario game. Platforming, pinball, bumper car racing, exploration, fishing, shooting, flying… even an entire virtual pet-raising minigame.

My opinion: I think Sonic could give better 3d Experiences but the two Adventures, Colors, Generations were simply Outstanding.

Topic 4: Character Desing, Secondary Characters, Power Ups

Justin remember that Sonic can do all Mario can do and even more (at his way of course) the characters are very equal: Tails, Knuckles, Peach, Yoshi, and about character desing Sonic has a radical look, Mario is timeless furthermore.

My Opinion: Both franchises are very equal.

Topic 5: Sonic 2006 or Mario Hotel?

Justin remember that even Mario has junk games too (Hotel Mario).
My opinion: A lot of people still thinks in sonic as sonic 2006 but the franchise has improved his quality so if nobody talks about Hotel Mario because of the high quality of the franchise Sonic deserves the same.

Well that was the debate and my opinion, you may be thinking who won? Well that was our decision, they made a survey and the winner was: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG with 65.64% of the votes against the 34.36% of the votes.

Why I’m so proud of this, for you can understand me to me was like to see my Real Madrid winning against Barca in Camp Nou, I’m happy of this because I think sonic deserves to be a global icon of videogames.

But this doesn't ends heres, I have been investigating and I have discovered something that may interest you. I',m preparing a special article and will posted in the Special Post Nº2 who will be published this December 20

See you soon!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario