domingo, 17 de febrero de 2013

Special Post N°4: Sonic All-Stars vs Mario Kart

Before I start this post I just want to say that I like both games, both are awesome titles to spend time with friends and please don't think that I will talk good about Sonic and bad about Mario just because this is a Sonic Blog.
No videogame war is better than a Sonic vs Mario!!!

I will be as much impartial as I can, I promise.

I will compare both SAGAS but I will put my atention specially on All-Stars Racing Transformed and Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 7

I will make an update of this post if a new Mario Kart its anounced later.

GAMEPLAY and Level Design.

Sonic All-Stars and Mario Kart are different ways to racing. Let me explain:

Mario Kart its like the MotoRacer gameplay: you mostly fight with the ROAD. 

I have won some races with the help of the items, but I felt that most of the time I was fighting against the road and not so much with the other players.

Sonic All Stars has different style, This game prefers you to battle mostly with THE RACERS. Eventhough some roads have places in which you can fall from 1° place to last as a sample its the Race of Ages in which if don't handle well you will suffer.

Specially in Online Matches with Skilled players you will see a race in which you dont have idea of who will win because the desing of the road has the intention to have two or more players being head to head during all race and that is what I like from the sonic game: Being fighting all the race.

Who's better? I think it depends of what do you like. I like both but....

All-Stars Racing Transformed has something that Mario Kart doesn't: TRUE air and water sections.

In Mario Kart the handling of the kart its almost the SAME when you fly or in the earth, the kart just modifies his look.

In Sonic Racing Transformed the physics of the car, the plane and the boat are TOTALLY DIFFERENT and that makes you to change your strategy constantly. 

WEAPONS

I think Sonic Weapons are more based on strategy than the Mario Kart ones. And does not unbalance the race as in Mario Kart.

In the Sonic game you have to decide if you prefer a quick shot (Ice cannon and the Firework shoot) with the risk of failing or a slower weapon (tornado and the clone machine) who follows the other racer and gives you time to move quickly in case of any other racer is pointing you with other weapon.

Also you have to be carefull if your oponent have the defender glove and can redirect your shot.

In Mario Kart in the last moment you can get a blue shell and all the effort of the others is ripped in pieces

The All-Star is also very powerfull but it doesn't come by random, you have to drive very well to receive it and the All-Star Attacks can be evaded. 

I enjoy so much when someone got the All-Stars and I evade all his shots. It's almost perfect! you sometimes will have to fight against something most powerfull but you have the oportunity to beat it.

Career Modes

Both games have a lot of content to be played. I love the "challenge" roads in the sonic game like the Turbo Challenge, The Battle Race, The Ring Race, Drifts Time-Attack Races and others.

INNOVATION

This is when I consider Mario Kart Saga is overvaluated, with 7 games of the saga the innovation HAS BEEN MINIMAL.

I love both sagas but Sonic All-Stars Saga has innovated more with only two games than Mario Kart with 7 games.

And eventhough the critics always gived an 8 or more on innovation to mario kart, its just unfair that Sonic Racing Transformed only scored a 7 on innovation when it has been the game who bringed more new things.

I think it is just because of the game has the name Mario, if other saga has the same innovation as Mario Kart nobody would talk so good of it.

FINAL DECISION

I enjoy playing both games, this situation is like a FIFA-PES it depends of what characters you like most. It is other Sonic-Mario Battle.

I love when I play the sonic game and a friend argue me: "let's play mario kart and try to win again" 

I reccomend both games BUT if I have to pick one, I would prefer Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed in the PS3 Xbox360 or WiiU versions.

If you havent tried the new sonic racing game give it a chance, you will have a lot of fun!

If you alrady have it, ENJOY IT!!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario