lunes, 25 de febrero de 2013

Fans Around the World: Good Luck Sonic Part1

Welcome to the New Section of SonicCrew: Fans Around the World.

Sonic is about to have new homes in PS4, the new Xbox and WiiU, I asked people to send their histories about all experiences with sonic in the past years. If you want to we publish your history, send us an inbox in our facebook

We want to say SEE YOU SOON and GOODLUCK to Sonic by remembering all the great moments we have spent together.

So, let's start with the first story: "Stasis" from England



"Just smile, That's all I need" 

When I was a kid, we had a little megadrive (model 2, and it had a Sonic Sticker over the top of it) and we had sonic the hedgehog and the sequal (+ alot of other games that i dont really care for) the interesting bit is, it appeared to be a, well i have Never seen another megadrive with a sonic sticker on, and we had the promo one from back in the day (the model 2 where you got sonic with it)


And Sonic the hedgehog was my very first videogame, (i was like 2 when i first played it!) then, we had someone come in and stole the megadrive and all the games. 

ALL my brothers things, and my dads car (police said there was no evidence) and its a bit fuzzy, but i think i was about 4 at the time, but as a replacement of having the megadrive i got given (and i played it ALL the time back then) a Dreamcast, with Sonic Adventure! 

3 months later all the disks stopped working, (cos they got scratched) and that was my early history with sonic! (in replacement of the Dreamcast, we got a n64 which is still with me now! and yer i have Super Mario 64, but im a sonic fan at heart)

My aunt gave me a book about 6-8 years later I cannot recall it at all, but it had screenshots of sonic 1 and 2, and i just looked at that like i thought sonic was a dream to me, and really ever since then, i have been playing the re-released titles, and i got a megadrive, sonic 1, 2 and 3 (and 3D blast flickies island) on it, and I love it!

I think Sonic's future will be interesting, I'm always up for a round at Sonic, but I don't dive out for the next release (im a retro gamer) but i did keep my eye on Generations, I personally like to think this, from Sonic 1 on the megadrive to Sonic 3 and Knuckles, it was 3 1/2 years, (which is the average life span of a hedgehog) (sonic 3 + knux, was the last good sonic game on the megadrive by fans) then it went downhill to 1999 with Sonic adventure, and its sequal, which was 2 1/2 years, 

But theres a little intresting fact, SA1, was FINISHED in 1998 and the Dreamcast was still being worked on, so it makes it 3 1/2 years, it picked up again with colors, so, maybe its going to go downhill,
but if it does, im sure somehow, ill be there in 10 or so years when it comes good again! Just to have that first of the new good,

Im still weary on his future, but i think he will be about for a good deal of time and i hope he does,
Sonic does mean alot to me, i have been in the dumps a few times, and always Sonic would be the one there to say "Just smile, Thats all I need" but I shall admit, my n64 did save my life a few times, but Sonic was the one that kept me "running" as it were.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario